Will heat/salt ich treatment be ok??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcobbler

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have gradually increased the temperature to 86 degrees, although the digital thermometer reads 82 the temp is raised as high as possible on a marineland stealth pro-shatterproof.

I was going to start adding aquarium salt but wanted to double check to be sure it is safe for the following fish...

Bosemani Rainbowfish
Conchu's Blue Tetra
Blue Gourami
Peacock Gudgeon
Scissortail Syno
Singapore Shrimp

Thank you for all your help!

Rebecca

You don't really have to use salt, you can just go with the heat. Make sure you add an airstone or lower the water level, since warmer water has less oxygen. :)

Thank you!

I did add a air stone over the weekend so hopefully that should be good, I will hold off on the salt.

Is it strange that the heater is cranked all the way up but it still reads 82 and not 86?

What kind of a thermometer do you have? I have had some that don't work very well, and now I run 2 of them on all my tanks (hang on and sticky). Is the heater big enough for the tank?
Remember also that the ich will look worse before it looks better. :)

I have the kind that use the magnet and I move the digital around to the different tanks to attempt other readings. Maybe I will add a sticky one to the tank as well.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom