Will I need CO2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shady3210

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am about to turn a 25 gallon tank into a low brackish tank(about 1.006) and am wanting to add some plants as well. It currently has a cheap floursecent in the hood which can barely grow java fern(it stays alive but thats about it). I have an old 75 gallon in my garage that used to be a heavily planted tank with 4x 55w 6700k CFs from ahsupply. I am thinking about pulling one of them out of the 75 and putting it into the 25 gallon hood. This would put me at about 2.2 wpg what i'm wondering is if I can get away with not injecting co2 or if I will just end up with a beutiful algea farm?

I think 55w over a 25g would be fine without co2. I would get a few bunches of stem plants to help take in some nutrients and help keep the algae at bay. The plants should definitely grow fine without co2.

Well I successfully moved over 1 of the 55w units and it BARELY and I mean barely fit in the hood but it is now up an running!

Back
Top Bottom