Will my lionfish try to eat clownfish if i buy them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfish69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a volitan lionfish, he's about 5 1/2 inches close to 6. I'm thinking about getting a breeding pair of clownfish they are about an inch and a half. Will the lionfish be capable of eating him? I personally don't think he will. I have a small yellowtail damsel and he hasn't harmed the damsel in any way. I just need some answers or opinions.

If they can get a fish in their mouth, they will eat it. I've got a Volitan in a 45g holding tank with a Singapore Angel and one green Chromis...It was two green Chromis about a month ago.

image-1408110304.jpg

If they can get a fish in their mouth, they will eat it. I've got a Volitan in a 45g holding tank with a Singapore Angel and one green Chromis...It was two green Chromis about a month ago.

Poor chromis... My deepest condolences.

A lion can certainly eat a clownfish. However, if well fed, you'll probably be fine.

Would silversides be fine? I'm currently trying to get rid of him but for now I feed him silversides.

Frozen silversides are all my Lion will eat, except live fish of course (that would include a clownfish. Lions grow fairly quickly too. Mine has grown to at least 2-3 inches in just a few months.

Back
Top Bottom