Will they get eaten?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animag771

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20g planted tank and I want to add an Apistogramma Agassizii as a centerpiece fish later on. My stock is not complete yet so I would really like to add a small school. I love how tightly Harlequins school but I want s larger school so I'm thinking the smaller Espei (Lambchop) Rasboras instead.

Would an Agassizii eat/kill them?

You think he would even with there being 10-14 of them? I will start with 10 to see how big they look in the tank, then I will either up their numbers to 14 or get a few more neons. I also plan on letting them get ful grown before I add the Agassizii

Tbh lambchops and harlequins get about the same size, harlequins get a bit fatter but very very very rarely do they get to the 2 inch max they say they get.

Hmm. I guess aqadvisor uses the "maximum" size because it says with my current stock i can only have about 8 Harlequins but 14 Espeis would be ok...

Apistogrammas are peaceful and can be kept in a community. A more 'natural' shoal could consist of pencil fish species, but harlequins would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom