wondering if i can replace my guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janeth0185

Aquarium Advice Regular
sadly my female guppy ( which i came so attached to) died 2 days ago becuase my Dwarf gourami ended killing her.my guppy was so scared of the dg ever since i introduced it to my 10 gallon tank.and i came to finally notice the dg would pick at her alot.i want to buy 2 more guppys to replace the 1 i had but i dont know if the dg would pick at the new guppies if i was to buy them.wanted to know what you people suggest.if i should or just shouldnt.i really liked my guppy and would love another but i dont want my dg to end up killing my new ones if i do get them.

welcome!

I think the tank is too small for both, I would do guppies or the dwarf gourami. The gourami will just pick on them. Perhaps a bigger tank before doing both. I have a tank of 8 guppies right now and 3 ghost shrimp. They are active colorful and lively. They are low maintenance and They aren't picky on food.

I've had 2 dg's and 3 guppies in a 10 gallon for about 2 years.. Soo go got it!! Goodluck!

I think whether the pairing will work depends on the personalities of the fish, Janet has an aggresive DG, and it doesn't like guppies. Every fish is different, I had no idea guppies could or would nibble at you while changing their water and sure enough I have a few that do. I must be delicious!

I wouldn't. Not because of the tanks size, just because if they killed one chances are they'll kill the other two. The tank is fine for them fish.

Back
Top Bottom