woohoo! fluval 305!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vamptramp3405

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my husband scored big time, he picked up a fluval 305 plus 4, count em 4, submersible pumps, for $40! I am sooooo excited! the guy used it literally a hand full of times and that was it because he has a salt water reef tank and was doing the berlin process so stopped using it. the submersibles are a rio 1700, two 600's and another but I dont remember how big it is. now I have a 55 gallon with mollys and platies, is the rio 600 too much current for them? they arent too sure what to do but they seemed to have calmed down. I also tested my water aznd got a .25-.50 ammonia, .50-1.0 nitrite and 10 nitrate. should I do a water change tomarrow or let this fluval 305 do its job? yay!!:cool:

The filter itself will not handle ammonia and nitrItes...it is the beneficial bacteria you're trying to colonize in your filter that does.

How long has the tank been set up? It definitely looks like it's cycling. Make sure you do enough water changes to keep the ammonia and no2 under.25 at all times until the tank stabilizes.

Here's a great guide to check out-
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?!

Back
Top Bottom