work in progress coming along

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickcpurcell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ForumRunner_20130127_075254.jpg

I just wanted to thank everyone who chimed in last week to help me out with advice on my tank especially -rivercats.

A little update, i now have the nitrates in the tank under control (10ppm). And the fish and the plants both couldn't seem happier. Unfortunately I lost am angelfish in the process but in the long run they will all be happier for the changes.

I also had a small diatom bloom, but i think this was due to the high nitrate levels and will hopefully clear itself up soon.

Thanks again guys! And feel free to chime in any time!

Thank you! Still filling in. I'm thinking of starting a"grass" bed. I still haven't decided on a good cover yet, and I'm open to suggestions.

I just ordered some dwarf four leaf clover from LFS to see how it does as ground cover, I'll let you know how mine does if you want!

I just ordered some dwarf four leaf clover from LFS to see how it does as ground cover, I'll let you know how mine does if you want!

Please do! That's the way I have been leaning towards. I'm really trying to find the shortest and best spreading cover I can as my tank is viewable from both sides.

Please do! That's the way I have been leaning towards. I'm really trying to find the shortest and best spreading cover I can as my tank is viewable from both sides.

I am too. I'm hoping it does what I want it too!

The plants are looking quite good! One thing... if you want your tiger lotus to have big submerged leaves you need to keep all surface leaves trimmed off before they reach the surface. That will encourage submerged compact growth. It's safe to trim those floaters off if you want. Also I forgot what type lighting you have or if you run CO2 or not but one carpet plant that would work regardless if 4 leaf clover, Marsilea quadrifolia. Or micro chain sword would work also.

The plants are looking quite good! One thing... if you want your tiger lotus to have big submerged leaves you need to keep all surface leaves trimmed off before they reach the surface. That will encourage submerged compact growth. It's safe to trim those floaters off if you want. Also I forgot what type lighting you have or if you run CO2 or not but one carpet plant that would work regardless if 4 leaf clover, Marsilea quadrifolia. Or micro chain sword would work also.

Awesome, i want sure how much i could trim the lilies without hurting them. I try to leave the stems just because the angel and rainbow shark love swimming through them.

How tall does the micro sword grow?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom