Worm in my zoanthids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evansimp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just took out my zoas for a 3rd time and went through with tweezers trying to get this worm thats been under my zoas for a while now! Think I finally got all of it! Anyone know what it is? It's the orange thing

mfdrookie516 said:
flatworm maybe? Got a better pic? or maybe you could google flatworms to see if that's what you were seeing

They are really skinny and their were tons of them in my zoanthid rock! I jut got another one! They have a lot of long tentacles that suck in

looks like you found a bunch of pods nesting not worms they wont harm the coral , actually there good to have !!!

they are about 6/8mm long right

I put money on it there pods(y)

is this what your seeing

img_2159098_0_5188df4162caff1dc75a8067552f9fe0.jpg

54seaweed said:
looks like you found a bunch of pods nesting not worms they wont harm the coral , actually there good to have !!!

they are about 6/8mm long right

I put money on it there pods(y)

is this what your seeing

I don't think that's it! This thing had multiple tentacles, and is all brown!

Attachments

• image-593781429.jpg
    image-593781429.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 144
obscurereef said:
Are they small bristle worms? I found an old post about them on this forum...
local opinions on zoa-eating-worms? - Reef Central Online Community

If it is they can eat the dead zoa tissue, but I don't think they will necessarily harm the zoas.

Maybe, I've been looking to Id them, but I can't find anything. Anyways, I think I got them all out. They were spreading and I don't want those things in my corals haha! I don't know what they are, but they bug me! (no pun intended) thanks for the help guys!

Looks like bristle worms to me. I dip my corals for 10-15 min in disinfectant and then dip in Revive for another 10-15 min.

It's a blend of natural extracts to kill certain pests. I've dipped a piece of LR with corals on it and some feather dusters and sponges didn't die so I suppose it targets the nudibranchs and other malevolent coral killers. Good to have for some prevention and potentially saving coral!
Coral Rx Coral Dip - Bulk Reef Supply

Back
Top Bottom