Worth buying 2x Fluval 304's for a 75G?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philipraposo198

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found 2 used ones I can get for $100 cdn.

would these still be good by todays standards? is it worth getting them? would they have much life left in them?

how hard are repairs if something goes wrong?

I have a 306 on a 50. I'm not sure what the difference is between the 304 and 306 but I think they are basically the same. I would guess that 2 on a 75 would be plenty. As for repairs they are pretty simple and you can get parts on the web everywhere. The only thing I have ever heard or seen is the impeller wearing. You can replace them easily you should be able to tell by the amount of flow. There are several you tube reviews that I have watched. I don't think you can go wrong with these. I really like mine.

304 is the model earlier that 306, but is designed for the same filtration power.

I would go with a eheim 600. You need double rated filtration, this filter is designed for tanks betweek 180L-600L. Your tank is 290L, so will be a perfect filter.

The advantage is you'll have to clean 1 filter instead two. But the advantages of having two filters is that the filter (moss) pad will be full less fast, so require less maintenance.

ended up finding a great deal on Eheim Professional 3 - 2075 Canister Filter
only 160 cdn in near mint condition with media

ended up finding a great deal on Eheim Professional 3 - 2075 Canister Filter
only 160 cdn in near mint condition with media

I've never run this kind of filter or heard any reviews of it, but according to my Eheim 2213, I can tell Eheim is quality.

It will be perfect for your tank IMO. It's good too if you plan planted tank with CO2.

I got my 2213 for 140$+tx CDN, so you got a good deal IMO.

I'm not so good in english, but if "mint condition" means used filter, make sure the O-ring or the similar piece is in good shape, impeller too. O-ring is the most important thing to keep in check with used canisters.

its the higher end line of eheim products. retails today at around 270 cdn before tax without media...

up to 150gallon tanks

Back
Top Bottom