would greatly appreciate help with my 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive had a pair of clowns in a 10gal for 6months now and they've paired up and have a nest, no egg laying yet. But that is all i have in terms of fish in my tank and I water change at least once a week to 2 times.

They'll have a 29gal biocube with media filtration and a skimmer at the end of the year. I move into a bigger place... fish get a bigger place lol.

One thing i can say is get an ac110 and do the fuge mod to it that has a filter floss slot. One thing I wish i did on mine.

im going to start with a 10g nano then later my mom said i can upgrade to a 20g :D (shes the one who really has really wanting a sw aquarium) so what do you think of this stocking list? 1 clown goby, 1 blue neon goby, and 1 cave transparent goby (if i can find one). and 2-3 hermit crabs with snails

I think that would be fine in my opinion. :) Small fish, small tank. lol

Good luck with mom, hopefully she'll love it so much maybe you can get an even bigger tank!

Bit of advice i can give you is just get Biocube 29gal. It's large enough to have a pair of clowns and a couple smaller fish as well as plenty of room for coral. Its an all in one system that has a TON of support for it. Its a cube style tank which gives you more real estate in the same area roughly as a 20L like you were going to get. I was just at pet smart and they had one for 250$ This gives you a enclosed tank with lighting and pumps. Only thing extra you need is a couple power heads for flow and a 100w heater. If you do decide to get it there are some mods you can do to make it better and easier on you to maintain.

When i built my 10gal... money that I spent on that could have bought the biocube and some extras like a tunze 9002 skimmer and the media baskets.

maxst2 said:
Bit of advice i can give you is just get Biocube 29gal. It's large enough to have a pair of clowns and a couple smaller fish as well as plenty of room for coral. Its an all in one system that has a TON of support for it. Its a cube style tank which gives you more real estate in the same area roughly as a 20L like you were going to get. I was just at pet smart and they had one for 250$ This gives you a enclosed tank with lighting and pumps. Only thing extra you need is a couple power heads for flow and a 100w heater. If you do decide to get it there are some mods you can do to make it better and easier on you to maintain.

When i built my 10gal... money that I spent on that could have bought the biocube and some extras like a tunze 9002 skimmer and the media baskets.

I like the way you think

i wish i could but im kinda on a budget, i only get to have another tank because my cousin gave it to me but if my mom likes it then i can get a bigger one

okay so i just back from camp today and added the water and heater. tomorrow im going to get the salt and live rock. what would you suggest feeding hermits and snails? also could you put land hermit shells in the tank for the hermit crabs? (just wondering). i have seaweed and freeze dried brine shrimp. will the gobies eat that? 1 more thing what type of blenny could i put in a 10g? Thank so much!! sorry for all the questions

okay update: i got live sand, live rock, and salt yesterday. i also got a fluval filter (does that matter with how many fish i could have just wondering) . could i get a scooter blenny? thanks for the help

Scooters aren't really blenny's, they are dragonets, and from my experience with mine, very difficult to feed. They are like mandarins in that they eat pods. It took me weeks to get mine to eat frozen food and i think I got lucky. :)

so im probably doing coral and getting this special light that wont cover the entire fish tank. is this okay?

i got my water tested a feqw days ago. everything is looking good except for the benificial bacteria. so i added some and getting my water tested again in a week :) know of any sea slug good for a 10g?

Back
Top Bottom