would this be good for my substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
dot_clear.gif

Whether you have a dedicated plant aquarium or decorative plants in a tropical fish tank, Flora Base will make them flourish. Flora Base removes cloudiness from water by absorbing floating substances and does not require an additional Carbon Dioxide system. Maintains a stable pH between 6.5 and 7.0, ideal for most aquatic plants. 12 pounds.

Would this be good to add to my gravel for my plants or would root tabs alone be better for my substrate. If it is a good Idea how much do you think I would need for my 100 gallon tank.

I've never used or seen it myself. I did some quick searching and it appears to be in a similiar price range as many other commonly available plant substrates. The thing that I don't like about it, is that it claims to adjust the pH to a set level. In addition I found more than one post stating that it did indeed mess with the pH, but raised it much higher than the stated level. Didn't find any glowing reports about it.

Thanks looks like i won't be useing that then I like my ph were it is STABLE. Thanks
Joy

Yea that ph description immediately sent up a red flag to me too. plus it claims that you wont need co2 either which migt be true for a little while but for how long who knows?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom