Wow now this just took the cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
I woke up to a knock on the door , One of the neighbors thought they would stick there nose where it didn't belong , The person at the door was animal control officer , they said they received a report that I have to many animals on my property ,

The officer asked if they can inspect my home , I looked at her totally baffled saying the only animals on my property was my dog and 2 cats , She said well that's not going to be a problem then , she than said the neighbor said claimed I through out about 30 boxes that said FRAGILE "LIVESTOCK ENCLOSED",

I looked at the animal control officer laughing so hard and said Oh I forgot to mention my fish , I have 2 saltwater tanks and a freshwater tank ,
she said to me that still don't explain all the boxes with "LIVESTOCK ENCLOSED",

I said that's easy I order all my Livestock for my tanks on line for my tanks ,
weather it's fish , macro algae , live food and of coarse corals ,

The poor girl looked at me with a blank face than just busted out laughing ,
Than she said well that explains it ! Now how are we going to rectify the problem ? I looked at her confused , than she said "Your Neighbor Silly"
I just couldn't stop laughing after that,

She said now I have to go over to your neighbor and try to explain this ,
I said explain what ? It's none of there business and they had no reason in the first place snooping in my trash anyhow,

she said I know , with a blank look than called her dispatch saying false alarm, than explained what happen the air went silent than another officer on the radio said "You get all the fun calls"

than the girl said to me well you have my deepest apology , Now I need to go talk to your neighbor and explain my findings , she giggled as she left,

the poor animal control officer has been up at the neighbors over a hour now ,

Well this is the best part the officer stopped back and said laughing
this case wasn't a total bust , I'm like what do you mean?
she said well first of all I don't think your neighbor will be bothering you anymore,

I said thank you a little confused ,
than she said one who snoops always pays the piper, she looked at me and giggled and winked , than said she had to site her for several violations for her animals not being licensed, I just busted out laughing

she said have a nice day giggling as she drove off

Now this was the most fun I've had this holiday weekend

I just can't wait to see my stupid neighbor and just rub it in!!!:brows:

Serves her or him right. I don't care for nosy neighbors. However we now live in a deed restricted community in Fla if your grass is too high or you leave a trash can out that is visable from the street they send a notice and can fine you. However in Fla you can have 4 dogs. We have 2, the neighbors on one side have 3 and the otherside have 2, you can't sneak up on anyone without getting barked at:DI think we are all burgler proof down here. You can't even paint your house with out permission and they have to allow whatever color. Oh well all it also keeps the junk cars out of peoples yards and all of our neighbors up and down the street get along really well.:)

it also keeps the junk cars out [/QUOTE ]
guess that would keep me out I have jeeps tore apart everywhere lol
houses out here are not close up here in mountains
just nosy people that have nothing better to do

No offence intended. We used to live in Mass on 2and a third acers, set back three hundred feet off the road. I really liked it that way, we were in the woods. I used to have ducks, geese,chickens as well as the cats and dogs and the guinea hens. . Now that I' m old and living in God's waiting room it is nice to have neighbors in case I fall and can't get up.:D. I used to have a swamp in my back yard , now I have a part of the canal system and a golfcourse that my yard back up to and I have alligators and big turtles and tons of fla wading birds:)....Alison

:ROFLMAO: :lol: Far too funny! Waking up to animal control knocking on your door must be a fad here in Colorado- the same happened to me a couple weeks ago!:facepalm: I hope that your neighbor feels really stupid after being such a nosy Rosie!

On the topic of "junk cars"- I'd be in big trouble in your area, Aliray! I have several vehicles some people would consider junk cars on my acre. They are mostly "classics" anywhere from 1940's and up. I'm certainly glad that I don't belong to a restrictive HOA that tells me what color I can paint my house and if I can set up a decorative item in my front yard. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom