Xenia not pulsing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gteets

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone it's been a while since I posted I've added a few corals. I recently got a pulsing blue xenia but it's healthy and fully extending but not pulsing am I missing something or did I get ripped off there also not very blue? I was hopeing to add some movement to the tank and some color but so far I'm at a standstill. Ive switched to pelleted feed to see if that will help with growth of the corals. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1458586425778.jpg
    1458586425778.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 153
I personally would not feed it. Do you have enough water movement in the tank?

Yes plenty of movement with the main flow and koralia powerhead I have seems to be enough. I had them in more high of flow but they woulsnt open so they got moved.they are in a medium/low flow they are the ones at the top of the arch of stone. I haven't decided where to permanently glue them at yet. I don't feed the xenia mainly just the Lps in the tank

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My Xenia won't pulse at all in even low flow. They have to basically be still in the water and then they immediately begin to pulse. If they start to sway in the current then they immediately stop pulsing and just go with the flow

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There are several types of xenia, but only one 'pulsing'. The pulsing xenia is tan in color, and it doesn't always pulse. It is thought to be a way to help the coral bring oxygen around the coral itself. Either way, I've never heard of a blue variety that pulses.

Back
Top Bottom