Xenia problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masoniac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Come home and my Xenia is looking terrible

image-3155531853.jpg

Went from this last week

image-3775542754.jpg

To this this week

Attachments

• image-2907230307.jpg
    image-2907230307.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 105
Tell us about your tank:

age?
Stock?
Lighting (intensity and duration)?
NH4?
NO2?
NO3?
PO4?
SG?
Temp?
pH?
Any recent changes?
Maintenance Schedule?
Ca?
Alk?
Mg?

As fort said that stuff would really help out but xenia are one of those corals that can thrive one week and die off the next.. some people can't even keep it at all which no one knows exactly why. A little reading led me to a lecture that touched on xenia and from their experience they got the best growth out of it when they had .02-.05 ppm nitrates. So it seams to "clean" of a tank could be the cause to many people not getting the growth that its capable of.

My own experience with Xenia backs that up. I have no detectable phosphates and my Xenia died within 4-6 months of adding it to the tank.

My levels are either 0 or in the range of .10 the tank has been up since June I have a 106w t5 HO coralife 4 bulb my moonlights are on 24/7 my atinics come on at 7 go off at 10 my daybulbs come on from 10 to 7 calc is usually at 480-500 I don't dose alk or mag so I don't test the Xenia has been in my tank since July and has just now shown signs of unhealthy

That's how mine went. It looked great for 3-4 months and then slowly died a couple months later.

Ya best thing I would say is wait it out.. if anything, if you got a buddy with a saltwater tank give him a couple stalks to hold onto incase it does die off. Then you can re add it later down the line so its not a complete loss.

Back
Top Bottom