Yep, another fish list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So the 75 FOWLR i've built will probably cycle in about 4 weeks. Yeah! So now it's time to finalize my plans for fish. Here it goes. Advice is welcomed:

1 Dwarf Flame angel
1 Yellow tang
2 clowns (tomato maybe)
1 goby (probably a sand sifting)
more snails, hermits, & maybe a easy starfish
---------------------------------
now the second half of this post has to do with the starter fish that i've had for a long time. They are:
2 - three strip damsals
1 - blue devilfish damsal

Do i need to get rid of the above damsals casue they can be aggressive?

not that i want to push the envelop towards overcrowding but how many inches of fish do you think i still have room for after the abovementioned?

i've only got about 30lbs in there right now. Hopeing for another 40-45 lbs in the next week or so (pending financial decisions).

I've got my crappy Damsals in there right now making doodoo to help speed up the cycle. Was going to go with shrimp and do the ethical thing but the guy taking care of my damsals wanted me to take them back:(

StripesTheEel said:
u've prolly hit max with the yellow tang adult size..

really? wow, then that rule about 1 inch for every gallon is complete crap i guess.

No I beg to differ. If you are going to keep the damsels with your fish list, you are at max load. 1in per gallon is not accurate when equating salt water stocking. (Fresh water maybe) More like 1in for ever 5 gallon would be more appropritate but here again this estimation is still not sufficient because of many variables.
1. Girth of fish (total body mass)
2. Type of fish (tangs need to graze, hawkfish like to perch)
3. Etc.

Back
Top Bottom