Yet another question about an african dwarf frog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jgeezer1986

Aquarium Advice Activist
I apologize for flooding with these questions, and im not trolling here. Since i have joined this community, i have realized there is so much out there that i dont know , but here goes.

Went to the pet store today to pick up some new fish to start cycling a new tank and add a little more to my 20g.

I bought another dwarf frog. My wife and kid absolutely love them. But this one is not doing so well... Even after reading all over the internet, i have seen a couple things that explain this , but i do not know which one it is and i dont know what to do about this.

When i brought the frog home , he was sorta lethargic, but after my first frog, i found out they go from extremely lazy to super energetic in about 2 seconds. I let him go to see what he would do. Now about 7 hours later , i see that he was still floating , but now somewhat bloated. After i put him in QT, i see that he has a white spot on his back.

Now i see this can be Three different things:
1. Dropsy
2. Bacterial infection
3. Injury

Any suggestions on how to care for him , or do i euthanize him?

P.S. I put this in general because i seem to get more responses here than in the amphibians section.

Back
Top Bottom