Yoyo loach behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khuligirl93

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all, I recently got a pair of yoyo loaches for my 36gal tank (cycled and set up for 4 years, other inhabitants include an angel, BN pleco and a few mollies) and they have not stopped moving since I put them in there! They've swam up and down and all around nonstop. I have read that this is their normal "playful behavior", but I can't help being worried that they're stressed out. I have about 8 driftwood pieces in there creating a variety of hiding places, also the tank is planted moderately and has playsand substrate.
My main concern is that they haven't eaten anything. I've read they're pigs, but that does not seem to be the case so far. I've fed flake food, sinking carnivore pellets, blanched peas and green beans, frozen bloodworms, and the tank also has a plethora of small ramshorns. My other fish have gobbled everything up but the yoyos just seem too busy for food. I don't understand how they have all this energy when they haven't eaten anything!
Could they have been raised on some other kind of food so mine is unfamiliar to them, or do they just need more time to settle in before they develop an appetite?
Any other advice from experienced yoyo keepers is welcome also :)

If you just introduce them give them some time. I have two and they are the same in behavior.

Back
Top Bottom