Zebra Danios with Guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlmonB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I recently started a tank. It is cycled and I used seed material from my friends long established tank, my numbers are: Ammonia- 0, Nitrite- 0, Nitrate- 10(API master kit). Temp- constant 78F, 4 fake plants, 2 decorations to hide in.

I just added a 2 guppies to my 20 gallon that already contain 5 zebra danios, and 1 sunburst platy. The zebras are chasing and seem to be nipping one of the guppies! They are being extremely agressive and I'm afraid they're going to possibly kill the guppy or stress it out really bad. Do they normally do this to new additions? Will it wear off? I know they do better in larger schools and will get more if I have to, but I'm afraid of the agression continuing even with larger numbers. They do not bother my platy at all. Thanks for the help!

Welcome to AA! Is the guppy male or female? Zebra danios can be nippy. I would add more plants to give the guppy more hiding spots.

Both my guppies are males, along with my platy. And yeah, I'm definitely planning on getting some more hide outs for everyone. But my friend has a 40 gal tank with 4 danios already so I think I may give the danios to him, I think they will be happier with the extra space and bigger school. Thanks!

Both my guppies are males, along with my platy. And yeah, I'm definitely planning on getting some more hide outs for everyone. But my friend has a 40 gal tank with 4 danios already so I think I may give the danios to him, I think they will be happier with the extra space and bigger school. Thanks!

No problem. Good choice with rehoming the danios. Then we can go ahead and help get a good community tank going.

Back
Top Bottom