Zoa frag Hitchhikers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the white thing crawling or sliding like a snail? And it looks like your zoa frag was buy one get one free. Looks like pulsing xenia

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sweet, and no the white thing isn't moving. When I was glueing the frag down I happened to touch it and it felt soft, but it hasn't moved at all.

If you want to save the xenia you should pop the zoas off the frag plug and glue them down and flip the plug over so the xenia gets good light.

With just your blue lights on does any of the white thing glow a different color. Maybe its a small zoa colony that's been bleached or has died

The white stuff is a sponge.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It really looks like a sponge but it is kinda hard to tell in the pic. Can you get a little better pic?

I didn't even think sponge. Could be. Just seems like it has 4-5 heads of something

I don't think the brownish coral is pulsing Xenia. It's not moving like that at all. Here's some better pics of everything:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408925699.423793.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408925712.551438.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408925748.309023.jpg

There are two things in the picture guys.

The white thing on the side I'd say is a sponge.
On the bottom of the plug there is a stalk of Xenia or something.

I eat to agree with the sponge, but would like to see more of it grow out to be certain...though I'm fairly certain.

Back
Top Bottom