75 gallon build- Full Triton Method

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like the Octopus. ;) ;) (y) :D
Is that Elkhorn in the back left side of the tank? ( If not, what is that? )
It’s Forest Fire digitata. Hoping to add 4-5 more montipora species and get rid of some of the overgrown pieces of hammer soon.

It’s Forest Fire digitata. Hoping to add 4-5 more montipora species and get rid of some of the overgrown pieces of hammer soon.
Okay. That's a new one for me. Looks very similar to new growth Elkhorn ( which is a protected specie I believe ) from a distance. After looking at a close up pic of the polyps, definitely different. ;)

Current tank shot after a bit of maintenance. She’s on the back end of a Dino outbreak and things are finally settling back down. SPS are colored and euphyllia are getting fluffy again.
IMG_6974.jpeg

Spent the better part of the evening tearing my old cabinet down and putting this one up. Bit more room and not as top heavy. Hydros control all day.

Still need to add ESV Nitrate and Transition Elements to the doser. Other than that, we’re straight.

Attachments

• IMG_7046.jpeg
    IMG_7046.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 4
Looks too nice and neat. ;) LOL
My only concern would be the humidity inside the cabinetry with all the electronics. :unsure: This is why I keep my equipment in the open. You might want to consider placing the electronics on the outside of the cabinet. (y)

My only concern would be the humidity inside the cabinetry with all the electronics. :unsure: This is why I keep my equipment in the open. You might want to consider placing the electronics on the outside of the cabinet. (y)
It’s all open, there’s no door on it. It’s an entirely separate unit that the tank itself, to the side. All this Hydros gear is IP65 rated as well. Not the power strip on the left, but everything else can get soaked no problem.

Attachments

• IMG_7031.jpeg
    IMG_7031.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 3
Well I ended up making the decision to take down my WaterBox 60.2 SPS system, and added those coral to my 75 gallon mixed reef. Pretty happy with how it came out, should grow nicely once I get alk/cal dialed in with the increased consumption. Had my hands in the tank for a bit, and definitely irritated some corals so my alk skyrocketed. Ended up cutting dose down a bit, and it’s settling nicely back into range… Current pic.

Attachments

• IMG_7076.jpeg
    IMG_7076.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom