120 gallon South American (possibly Rio Tapajos)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See Mog, HUKIT gets me. get on our level!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

2 of 3 are painted of mine. Used a foam roller. Worked well.
I'll never not paint the back again.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you go with these I'm sure we can work up a Suriname or Guiana styled setup and list....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Eh, I like the stock list I have planned out. Rio Tapajos with a slight tweak

No problem. How about severums?

Yeah, Brookster about nailed it. I'm more interested in rare fish. Most of the species I want are all wild caught with collection points or not commonly seen. If you can find it at a big chain store, you usually won't see it in my tank (cichlid wise)

Look what is coming home with me today. I'll be moving in a few months so it will have to sit in storage for a bit. I'm thinking of a blackwater biotope or possibly getting a hatiensis not sure which, but I've got some time to think.

Attachments

• 1422289262224.jpg
    1422289262224.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 90
Look what is coming home with me today. I'll be moving in a few months so it will have to sit in storage for a bit. I'm thinking of a blackwater biotope or possibly getting a hatiensis not sure which, but I've got some time to think.

Did you get the sale price of 495??? I keep looking at that and am having a hard time not blowing my budget.

Woop woop is.that a 125?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's awesome! No store within 50 miles of me had one! I found mine on craigslist

Woop woop is.that a 125?

Yep, but I'm not sure how I feel about the stand though, it doesn't look like it will support 1000 pounds, although there is company near me that makes custom aquariums and I like the idea of a 72x18x14 80ish gallon.

Do you guys think 2x 300w heaters will be enough for this tank?

Do you guys think 2x 300w heaters will be enough for this tank?

300s are rated for up to 90 gallons correct? If so I'd say it should work, you have plenty of time during the cycle to determine whether it is or not.

300s are rated for up to 90 gallons correct? If so I'd say it should work, you have plenty of time during the cycle to determine whether it is or not.

Using seeded media and tetras in first to cycle

I bought 2 top fin 250w for now. Nothing special, but I know I'll be upgrading them sooner rather than later

Aqueon pros are legit.. not all that outrageously priced either.

They're stealthy and indestructible, i run the glass aqueons, 3 of them, they've been running flawlessly for over a year. I don't think glass will work with your stock?? Someone said they're big sa was swimming around with the heater in its mouth once haha..

I've had glass shatter in my tank before, forgot to unplug during a wc. These were cheap and are plastic so knock on wood, they'll at least be adequate lol

Back
Top Bottom