120 Stout Tanganyikan stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about a nice colony of Guianacara owroewefi? I've got a growing population of Vieja heterospila which are fairly uncommon that school together which is quite a sight!

What about a nice colony of Guianacara owroewefi? I've got a growing population of Vieja heterospila which are fairly uncommon that school together which is quite a sight!

I forgot all about guianacara! One of my favorite genera! What about a group of those with a pair of uaru? That would keep the bioload down I would think

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I forgot all about guianacara! One of my favorite genera! What about a group of those with a pair of uaru? That would keep the bioload down I would think

I would think a nice group of 5-7 plus a pair of Uaru would make a interesting and relaxing peaceful set up.

I should be able to swing the set up after my next paycheck. I may have to put it together slowly, but I finally have the room and money to do a decent sized tank. I'm just going to keep my small tank of tanganyikans and focus back on southies for a bit I think

Thanks for the help everyone! I appreciate it and will make sure to do a build thread

I don't know anything about topfin but petsmart has a new 125 tank,stand and lights for under $500 on sale.

That's an awesome deal, but every store within 20 miles of me is out of stock on it :/

Can you get a rain check and have them order it in? I have looked at it and it looks like the same manufacture as aqueon but I don't know if it is.

Not sure, I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to look too much at it. The store that had a 125 in stock wanted $1k for a setup!

I would think a nice group of 5-7 plus a pair of Uaru would make a interesting and relaxing peaceful set up.

What about instead of Uaru, I did a pair of psittacus. I know how hard it is to find quality uaru, especially locally here

What about instead of Uaru, I did a pair of psittacus. I know how hard it is to find quality uaru, especially locally here

I think a pair of psittacus alone is pushing the limits of a 125g, I've seen quite a few males pushing 14" plus.

Sorry to butt into a thread with insanely high knowledge like this but- I'm like 98.899000865% sure my LFS had a big ol' fish, not labeled, that looked identical to Hoplarchus psittacus. He was easily at or over 13" in a tank all to his lonesome.
Like HUKIT said, it seems to me like two of those guys full grown would be a heck of a load to handle...ok carry on...

I figured that would be the case. The other centerpiece pair I'm thinking about is heroina isoncysterina, the mini-severum

Jeff Rapps has large uaru coming available tomorrow (but no price listed) so if I get the tank in time for that, then depending on the price, I know what I will be ordering lol

Jeff Rapps has large uaru coming available tomorrow (but no price listed) so if I get the tank in time for that, then depending on the price, I know what I will be ordering lol

If your ordering from Rapps then I'd order 6-7 Caquetaia spectabilis.

If your ordering from Rapps then I'd order 6-7 Caquetaia spectabilis.

Are you saying you want 6-7 spectabilis or that I should do spectabilis? Lol cause while I love the look of the caquetaia species, they're not typically my style aggression wise

Are you saying you want 6-7 spectabilis or that I should do spectabilis? Lol cause while I love the look of the caquetaia species, they're not typically my style aggression wise

My fish room days are done for awhile but I've always also wanted something in caquetaia genus, especially myersi! My 150g and 72b are packed to the gills after downsizing and selling the stock from my fish room.

My fish room days are done for awhile but I've always also wanted something in caquetaia genus, especially myersi! My 150g and 72b are packed to the gills after downsizing and selling the stock from my fish room.

If they weren't homicidal maniacs, I would consider them lol

Back
Top Bottom