20 gallon long Lake Tanganyika set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do too, I just cover over it every once in a while. Better than a smashed tank, since I need the rock for my cats and gobies

Well I would have to try it but dont have time to run to the store so that'll have to wait for a different tank experiment haha

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you have enough fish aggression should be distributed enough that it won't matter about rock I'll post a pix when I get home

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's my tank
Side View
Front view
Hiding by filter
Male and female looking to breed

Attachments

• 1403128106509.jpg
    1403128106509.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 1403128119108.jpg
    1403128119108.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 1403128134702.jpg
    1403128134702.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 80
  • 1403128147582.jpg
    1403128147582.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 79
WOW! They really redecorated your tank for you lol but they look happy about it (;

Sent from my Xoom using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wonder if you could just have shells and no sand? A barebottom tank would make it easier to keep clean for using it as a breeder tank.

I know they use sand to make territories and to dump in shells in males that try to take their females. ..I try to keep each on of my fish in as close as possible natural tank as can be

I know they use sand to make territories and to dump in shells in males that try to take their females. ..I try to keep each on of my fish in as close as possible natural tank as can be

Ok then sand it is! :)

An inch is more than enough really IME just enough for them to make little bowers if you will (craters)

You don't have to put a lot maybe enough to cover bottom

I'll probably put it somewhat deep in order to provide a block in the line of sight instead of the rocks because I would prefer not to cracck the bottom of my tank. I do plan to keep quite a few of them in the 20 gallon and I don't want to have to much aggression and since this is a breeding tank in my basement it doesn't need to look pretty haha

I think i have a pair breeding or about to lay eggs. They have put 3 or 4 shells in a corner and am keeping everyone away. They have only been in the tank for a week or two.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1403226851103.jpg
    1403226851103.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 93
I think i have a pair breeding or about to lay eggs. They have put 3 or 4 shells in a corner and am keeping everyone away. They have only been in the tank for a week or two.

Congrats! Hopefully you'll have a bunch of little fry swimming in and out of the shells ;) keep up the good work must have a good tank and setup if they already decided to breed that soon :)

My tank and the niche my big multi and supposed female dug

Attachments

• 1403228739573.jpg
    1403228739573.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 84
  • 1403228753223.jpg
    1403228753223.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 89
Not tring to put anyone down by any means, but literally, all you need is at least one female and one male, shells, and sand and you typically have babies lol Multis are ridiculous when it comes to spawning lol

Not tring to put anyone down by any means, but literally, all you need is at least one female and one male, shells, and sand and you typically have babies lol Multis are ridiculous when it comes to spawning lol

Not putting anyone down at all haha im new so sorry im I ever say anything that sounds kinda dumb :sly: I was just going off what I've read and how picky my angels are haha

P.S. Love your tank ;)

Back
Top Bottom