265 south/central american stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian14

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm currently looking on craigslist for a 265 gallon tank or even a 300 gallon tank possibly. How many cichlids could I put in there and anyone have any stock ideas?

Thanks!

That is a large question because sa/ca cichlids cover a huge amount of different kinds of fish. you could fit about 100 German Blue Rams or 1 maybe 2 Dovii. Let us know what you are into and we can help.

In a tank that size I would do all male. I would start with a few managuens, festea, Jack Dempsey and cull them down until I got the nicest males, get a couple Fire mouths. A school of Buenos Aires tetras as dither fish.

Or you could decided do a pair of anything above but then you have to be really selective of what else you add.

Typically, tanks of that size are deep and don't give you more footprint than a smaller sized tank, so with cichlids, especially the aggressive types, the number that can be kept are more related to the footprint than the gallonage.

It would be a 7 or 8 foot tank. I was thinking fish like salvini's firemouth, green terrors stuff like that. Not necessarily those exact fish but cichlids of that size and a little bigger

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom