3 year old convict cichlid female with super aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amanda 420

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok I've had my female convict cichlid for 3 years. I've put her with compatible tank mates and she harnesses everybody constantly! Chasing searching them out nipping them. She is currently in a 75 gallon with 2 dinosaur bichir and 5 tiger barbs a pictus catfish. She leaves my elbino bichir alone but my Senegal bichir she's a bully! Been together for almost a year! Now the past 2 months She is relentless...moved her from the jack Dempseys and peacock eels because she was so mean stressing everybody out! I've tried everything and every tank mate and she seems to hate them! I don't want to rehome her. Could I keep her in a 10 or 20 gallon tank alone? I'm running out of options I have a 120 gallon downstairs she dislikes everybody bullying them. Upstairs in the 75 gallon she bites and bullies and claims everything! During feeding she won't let the Senegal bichir eat in peace! So she needs to be alone! I luv all my fish and aquariums it breaks my heart to do this...they have personality like no other. But with that being said I don't want her stressing and killing everybody else.

Back
Top Bottom