Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-26-2021, 07:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

3 year old convict cichlid female with super aggression

Ok I've had my female convict cichlid for 3 years. I've put her with compatible tank mates and she harnesses everybody constantly! Chasing searching them out nipping them. She is currently in a 75 gallon with 2 dinosaur bichir and 5 tiger barbs a pictus catfish. She leaves my elbino bichir alone but my Senegal bichir she's a bully! Been together for almost a year! Now the past 2 months She is relentless...moved her from the jack Dempseys and peacock eels because she was so mean stressing everybody out! I've tried everything and every tank mate and she seems to hate them! I don't want to rehome her. Could I keep her in a 10 or 20 gallon tank alone? I'm running out of options I have a 120 gallon downstairs she dislikes everybody bullying them. Upstairs in the 75 gallon she bites and bullies and claims everything! During feeding she won't let the Senegal bichir eat in peace! So she needs to be alone! I luv all my fish and aquariums it breaks my heart to do this...they have personality like no other. But with that being said I don't want her stressing and killing everybody else.

Tags
aggression, cichlid, convict, convict cichlid, female, ich, male

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com