300 Gallon Stock Tank for CA/SA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dante Goujian

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a garden pond that is roughly 4500 gallons. Other than the Koi, Sarasas and Shubunkin, I have 3 Oscars, a Dempsey, a Blue Acara, and 2 Firemouths outside. I figure around Labor Day, I will need to bring the Cichlids inside. Will the Stock Tank be large enough for them? I will be using a DIY trickle down filter, but was uncertain to how many gph pump I should use.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I think in the smaller confines, the more aggressive species may go after the koi and goldfish.

I will only be bringing the Cichlids inside to the 300 gallon stock tank. The coldwater fish will stay outside in the pond.

Yea I couldn't see an issue with aggression tbh I've seen more in smaller.. Good luck catching them is all ;) lol

Haha thanks for the reply. Yeah, It will require a lots of patience and draining the pond down also I believe. The Oscars will be easy I believe, they are just about eating out of my hand, like the Koi/Goldfish do.

Had mine doing that for a bit but he's a bit too large and aggressive for that now lol... Don't want to lose a finger :p

Back
Top Bottom