35G African Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jolenebailey

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi All
Im am considering my options i have a 70gal community aquarium. But i am trying to decide what to keep in my 35Gal.. African cichlids or a asst tetra tank..
Can a African tank be done in a 35gal? if not ok.. If yes what type can be kept together in a tank this size? Preff not mean aggressive cichlids.
Thanks

An African tank can absolutely be done in a 35 gallon, depending on dimensions of course. For a tank that size, I would look into a brichardi breeding colony (their behavior is fascinating, previous generations will help raise the next, and so on), or you could easily keep leleupi, or a nice shell dweller tank.

Depending on your current stock list, it might be possible to move the residents from your 70 gallon to the 35, and use the 70 gallon for African cichlids. This would be a good option IMO if you are sold on Malawi cichlids.

Hope this helps! :)

An African tank can absolutely be done in a 35 gallon, depending on dimensions of course. For a tank that size, I would look into a brichardi breeding colony (their behavior is fascinating, previous generations will help raise the next, and so on), or you could easily keep leleupi, or a nice shell dweller tank.

Depending on your current stock list, it might be possible to move the residents from your 70 gallon to the 35, and use the 70 gallon for African cichlids. This would be a good option IMO if you are sold on Malawi cichlids.

Wow very interesting! thanks, deff thinking about this:flowers:

severum mama said:

Yeah I kinda forgot about them. Anymore I just assume people mean, mbuna, peacocks and haps. Imo make the 70 a Malawi tank and the 35 a community tank.

joel618 said:
Yeah I kinda forgot about them. Anymore I just assume people mean, mbuna, peacocks and haps. Imo make the 70 a Malawi tank and the 35 a community tank.

Thanks for your help:) Its down to two choices now. May go the rams as hubby likes the tetras but I live the princess cichlids too.. Ahhh

Back
Top Bottom