36 bf build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh okay, how quick does the fish food turn into ammonia? & should I be doing that to my 10 gallon since nothing is in it?

Yes you should keep it cycled since its empty. Is it cycled? I dono how long it take, I just like the way it looks flowing around the tank goin 90 to nothin

Im gonna get fish stickers to put on the glass so I can feed the stickers! Haha!

They make fake fish on floaters! My lfs sells fake lionfish too. For the people who want one but also want the kind of fish that the lion would eat.

Did a water test today and it read

Ammo .50ppm
Nitrite 2 to 5ppm
Nitrate 0.00ppm?

How do nitrates disappear?

Did a water test today and it read

Ammo .50ppm
Nitrite 2 to 5ppm
Nitrate 0.00ppm?

How do nitrates disappear?

Odd. Either the plants used them all or you messed up the test! If you don't shake bottle 2 really well it can give a false low reading.

Odd. Either the plants used them all or you messed up the test! If you don't shake bottle 2 really well it can give a false low reading.

Yeah im fixin to retest. And there is only 1 giant hairgrass in there now and its fairly small

Retested today and its

Ammo .0 to .25ppm
Nitrite 5.0ppm
Nitrate 5 to 10ppm

See this one makes more sense. The other was way off. What should I do? Wait for a water change or go ahead and do a water change?

Retested today and its

Ammo .0 to .25ppm
Nitrite 5.0ppm
Nitrate 5 to 10ppm

See this one makes more sense. The other was way off. What should I do? Wait for a water change or go ahead and do a water change?

I think you need higher nitrate levels still, but I'm not sure..lol. I'm waiting on mine to get to like 80+ ppm then I'm going to do mine.

Is it safe for my dog to drink tank water? I was moving the tank and had 5g sitin in a bucket and she decided to drink some

No worries. My cat drinks out of my wife's 10 gal often. No ill effects yet.

My cat drinks out of everything. Aquarium (before I had a lid), toilet, people's cups! Lol. She doesn't care. She'll put her head right down your solo cup while it's in your hand lol. She's a character.

Ammo- 1.0ppm
Trite- 1.0ppm
Trate- 5 to 10ppm

These are the readings after taking all the water out of the tank and adding new water because I moved the tank to a different location. I kept maybe 3g of old water and put it back in and all my media stayed wet with old water. Im using fish food to seed ammo to the tank

Here is todays test? Someone help me im having color trouble today please!

How long has it been cycling for. I would suggest getting a bottle of beneficial bacteria starter. Do research on the best bottle because some are terrible. Also do try a 30% water change.

How long has it been cycling for. I would suggest getting a bottle of beneficial bacteria starter. Do research on the best bottle because some are terrible. Also do try a 30% water change.

Umm its a fishless cycle and I already used seachem stability for bottled BB. I just moved the tank 70ft so I haf no choice but to do a 95% water change so im good on the water change. Its been cycling around a month now

Back
Top Bottom