36 bf build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I got mad today and took the tank down because my floor is unlevel. Went to lowes and bought composit shims and leveled it. I wanna paint the back black but I may save it for a rainy day type thing. Now to refill the tank

Aww that sucks. Such a pain to completly drain the tank, move it, then move it back and fill it up. Grrr.

So I got mad today and took the tank down because my floor is unlevel. Went to lowes and bought composit shims and leveled it. I wanna paint the back black but I may save it for a rainy day type thing. Now to refill the tank

Not sure why I'm not subscribed to this. But that sucks :/.

You should paint it black. I actually really like it. I kind of want to go over a few spots with some black paint on mine but I'm not sure if I would be able to.

Aww that sucks. Such a pain to completly drain the tank, move it, then move it back and fill it up. Grrr.

Yeah no biggy though. Now sometimes I can hear the tank make a noise. I turned everything off and I can touch the trim of the tank and feel the noise. Its like a clicking of some sort? Anyone know what it is or why its doing that?

Not sure why I'm not subscribed to this. But that sucks :/.

You should paint it black. I actually really like it. I kind of want to go over a few spots with some black paint on mine but I'm not sure if I would be able to.

I was gonna but I dont wanna take the tank down again. Im gonna make a plant wall on the back or a moss wall! Petco sells java moss so I may fo that. I might be picking more plants up today. I already have giant hairgrass in there!

I bought double sided removable sticky tape, taped the corners and it looks flawless, I used some scotch tape to add some extra support and hold

image-750656837.jpg

Didnt get to purchase the poster board today. I did exchange my old ac 70 for a new one and got another one as well see !

img_2611353_0_9f5eb7063bd028def3d714addb324340.jpg

I bought black posterboard for mine, worked perfectly

I got the black poster board! It fit perfectly with no cutting needed. I dont even need tape. The 2 ac 70s hold it in place and if water spills, its the Styrofoam kind so no nastiness from it! Ill post pics soon!

Didnt get to purchase the poster board today. I did exchange my old ac 70 for a new one and got another one as well see !

Dang you got two of them for your 36? That's a lot of filtration lol.

I think I might try this poster board idea as well. Can't wait to see pics.

Dang you got two of them for your 36? That's a lot of filtration lol.

I think I might try this poster board idea as well. Can't wait to see pics.

Yeah 2 of them bad boys. 600gph filtration on a 36g tank! Its awesome. All my parameters are still the same. I need some seeded media!

Yeah 2 of them bad boys. 600gph filtration on a 36g tank! Its awesome. All my parameters are still the same. I need some seeded media!

Haha nice, I think I went a little overboard with my filtration to, but that's even better.

Yeah I just tested mine as well, sitting in the same spot lol. Patiently waiting. I think I'll get one of those filters for my 46 though.

Haha nice, I think I went a little overboard with my filtration to, but that's even better.

Yeah I just tested mine as well, sitting in the same spot lol. Patiently waiting. I think I'll get one of those filters for my 46 though.

Definitely nothing wrong with extra filtration! The more the better!

I already had my 75 filled and stocked for months, and I knew I wanted a black background, so I went to a store for black construction paper. I noticed the posterboard and knew it would be WAY easier

I already had my 75 filled and stocked for months, and I knew I wanted a black background, so I went to a store for black construction paper. I noticed the posterboard and knew it would be WAY easier

Yes it was super easy! The thick Styrofoam one is even better

Okay so I decided to test ph today. I first tested regular ph and it was coming out dark blue. I retested for high ph and its coming out as 8.0? Too high? Perfect? Or what? Ammo, nitrites, and nitrates are all the same unfortunately. I may try the bottled bacteria because im too impatient

Most Cichlids are listed with an acceptable pH range from 7.8 - 8.4 (some even higher). I would say 8.0 is fine. Look on the Cichlid-Forum.com fish profiles for specific fish pH requirements.

As long as you don't plan on keeping delicate wild caught fish, your ph should be fine. Most fish can adapt to a higher ph, and trying to mess with the ph usually causes more harm and hassle than good.

Back
Top Bottom