36 bf build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dont do a water change on your big tank. Its a fishless cycle and doesn't need one. Id worry about your 46g for now. Definitely do a water change on that if nitrates arw high. Im guess you can say halfway. It could sit on nitrites for awhile before seeing nitrates

Yeah I'm doing a water change on that tank. I need to. Well at least you got something :)

Yeah no kidding and its only been what? A week?

Something like that. I'm not sure when I started. I think I started my cycle last Thursday. It's been a bit longer than a week for me. You started before me. But I think you restarted your cycle right? Either way, those nitrites showed up quick.

Something like that. I'm not sure when I started. I think I started my cycle last Thursday. It's been a bit longer than a week for me. You started before me. But I think you restarted your cycle right? Either way, those nitrites showed up quick.

Ya I changed the aqueon to another aquaclear and removed all the water from the tank

Here is todays test? Someone help me im having color trouble today please!

img_2618245_0_d339ee7c90929e489aef0313fb378987.jpg

You're super nitrite heavy, so that's a good sign, your bacteria are now converting ammonia into nitrite. Keep up the good work

I can't wait to see my nitrite bottle color something other than light blue. :p lol. You are getting closer!!!

I know! Im happy. I wish it would hit nitrates already. The nitrate test isnt as yellow as it used to be. I think by tomorrow ill bee good! Then ill probably sit it out a week to make certain its cycled

I know! Im happy. I wish it would hit nitrates already. The nitrate test isnt as yellow as it used to be. I think by tomorrow ill bee good! Then ill probably sit it out a week to make certain its cycled

That's amazing!!! Hopefully ill be a week or two behind you. To be honest it's really peaceful staring at a huge empty tank that's setup. I've been sitting in front of it & it's so relaxing. I can't imagine how it'll be when I get my fish in there. :). I like how we had all this time in the world, & we're both cycling our tanks at the same time lol.

That's amazing!!! Hopefully ill be a week or two behind you. To be honest it's really peaceful staring at a huge empty tank that's setup. I've been sitting in front of it & it's so relaxing. I can't imagine how it'll be when I get my fish in there. :). I like how we had all this time in the world, & we're both cycling our tanks at the same time lol.

Yes its very peacful. I want fish in mine now though! I think I want an angelfish as a center piece fish because I saw some awesome marlbled ones today

Yes its very peacful. I want fish in mine now though! I think I want an angelfish as a center piece fish because I saw some awesome marlbled ones today

At your work? I'd so love to get a job there. I want to just research & learn as much as I can, then go & apply for a job there.

I'm almost certain I want to go with angelfish as well!!!! :).

At your work? I'd so love to get a job there. I want to just research & learn as much as I can, then go & apply for a job there.

I'm almost certain I want to go with angelfish as well!!!! :).

Not my work we only have black and white angels. I saw em at my lfs

Oh okay! In your opinion what's the best looking angel species?

To me, im not sure. I think they all look amazing. I like the black and white ones but I wanted some color and black and white isnt much color! I may still do a black and white one but there are some marbled ones that are orange yellow white and black but they look a bit different. And I think you need a lower ph for angels and my ph is 8.0

Oh okay! In your opinion what's the best looking angel species?

They are basically all the same species, pterophyllum scalare. These are all just line bred color morphs. There are other angel species though, like altum and leopoldi, but they are MUCH less common in the hobby

They are basically all the same species, pterophyllum scalare. These are all just line bred color morphs. There are other angel species though, like altum and leopoldi, but they are MUCH less common in the hobby

Yeah thats true. I think its altum that my lfs has. My petsmart sells just the basic angels. Ill have to double check the altum when I go back. Ill post some pics up for yall to be the judges.

Whats in the care of angels? Temp food tank mates etc etc etc?

95% sure they're scalare, altums are quite rare and are much more finicky and delicate than your standard scalare angel

Yeah thats true. I think its altum that my lfs has. My petsmart sells just the basic angels. Ill have to double check the altum when I go back. Ill post some pics up for yall to be the judges.

Whats in the care of angels? Temp food tank mates etc etc etc?

Just googles both & the Altum ones look amazing. I like the way they look :).

Back
Top Bottom