36 bf build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like most central and South America cichlids they like to dig so you may get some occasional uprooting but they don't eat or destroy plants.

Like most central and South America cichlids they like to dig so you may get some occasional uprooting but they don't eat or destroy plants.

Thats fine with me! I may just make a refugium on top of that but we will see. I dono if im gonna get a stand as well

So im getting a 36g bowfront here really really soon. I havent ever had cichlids except oscars. Im interested in finding some decently active* and very colorful* cichlids that can be peaceful* and non destructive* for the most part. What are yalls thoughts. I dont want some that are gonna hide all the time. I dont mind the breeding as its very common.

Equipment will be this-
•Bow Front Glass Aquarium (36 gallons)
•Quiet Flow 30 Power Filter for crystal-clear water (Large filter cartridge included)
•Deluxe Full Fluorescent Hood (Full-spectrum lamp included)
•Submersible Heater (200 watt, accurate +/– 1° F)

If need be and more than likely, ill be adding an ac70 for that added bonus of filtration in all aspecs. I would like to add live plants as well.

So what do you say? If it meets these requirements then im up to listen!

*=MUST MEET THESE STANDARDS PLEASE :)

I have absolutely no information that would be useful here, but YOU GOT A NEW TANK!!!! Yay!! :).

I have absolutely no information that would be useful here, but YOU GOT A NEW TANK!!!! Yay!! :).

Nope not yet but, im excited to get it really soon so I started this! Its gonna be awesome! Im gonna throw 8 oscars in there :)

Jk abouth the oscars! My list is 4 yellow convicts and maybe 12 tetras of some kind not sure on those yet!

Red blue or bloodfin. Bloodfins are cool cause of that bright red fins and they school very tightly. Red blues (or Colombians) are also cool larger fish with good red fins and a blue Mohawk. Add some good color and movement to any tank.

I agree with mogurako's suggestions, adult bleeding hearts are a real site to behold cause they are a larger tetra

Okay so, I have a question!
Dont get mad at me or anything but, what is an "assorted cichlid"
Please do tell me. I feel a bit dumb asking this

Back
Top Bottom