37 Gal. Cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarist1234

Aquarium Advice Activist
What Cichlids could I put in a 37 gal? Complete stock lists would be appreciated.

You could do a convict cichlid pair or firemouth pair or you could do a nice dwarf cichlid setup

josh7 said:
You could do a convict cichlid pair or firemouth pair or you could do a nice dwarf cichlid setup

I like the firemouths, what kind of swarfs are there?

Some dwarfs would be keyholes, apistos, Bolivian rams, and cockatoo cichlids are sone.

josh7 said:
Some dwarfs would be keyholes, apistos, Bolivian rams, and cockatoo cichlids are sone.

Keyholes aren't technically dwarves. They get 4-5 inches and a dwarf technically stays under 4 inches. Also, a cockatoo cichlid is an apistogramma...just a common name for them. If you're truly interested in dwarf cichlids, there are several different genus you can look into: apistogramma, dicrossus, mikrogeophagus (rams), laetacara, nannacara, pelvicachromis pulcher (aka Kribensis cichlid), and several genus of shell dwelling cichlids.

You could do a tank with 2 pairs if you have plenty of caves I would do 2 pairs of apistos or the Bolivian rams personally and you could add a bottom feeder and probably a school of maybe 7 cardinal tetras

Remember that the apistogramma genus is a very large one at that. Sure a couple pairs of A. cacatuoides would work, but I doubt 2 pair of A. panduro would fair as well. Male trifasciata tend to be a bit of bullies. Also, cacatuoides prefer to be in harems, not groups, so a male and 3 females could work, given they all have several places to hide

Freakgecko91 said:
Remember that the apistogramma genus is a very large one at that. Sure a couple pairs of A. cacatuoides would work, but I doubt 2 pair of A. panduro would fair as well. Male trifasciata tend to be a bit of bullies. Also, cacatuoides prefer to be in harems, not groups, so a male and 3 females could work, given they all have several places to hide

Ok, so I should get pistos?

I never said that? And German blue rams wouldn't be a good idea? They are notoriously hard to acclimate to a newer tank and die quite easily. Bolivians, they would work, but the same thing goes. They can be fragile and the Tank must be designed around them

I know you didn't I meant it's true about about apistos and rams like bolivians might be better

Back
Top Bottom