37 gal tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marie74

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought a 37 gal tank on CL including hood, marineland filter and heater for $50.
The tank is tall- same footprint as 29- 30"x12"

I already have a 29 set up as a community tank...
was thinking about using the 37gal as a semi-aggressive with a couple of dwarf cichlids and maybe an angelfish? Would this work? Are there any other fish I can put in w/ them besides a Pleco? Maybe Guaramis?

The guy at the pet store said it might be better to do a saltwater tank in that size... ?? never had a saltwater tank, but it looks intimidating.

I could sell it and wait to see if I could find a bigger tank on CL.. but then it will have to go in the basement family room, won't fit in the LR.

You just have to decide what is best for you. You could do one angel in a 37 but i would be sure to only put other semi aggressive fish in there. Dwarf cichlids could be considered semi aggressive but they really arent aggressive at at all. I dunno what kind of guy that is at your local fish store but even though you could technically do a saltwater set up in a 37 it wouldnt be ideal. It would also be alot more expensive as you would need alot more stuff to successfully keep a saltwater tank going.

After I looked into what it takes to set up a saltwater tank, I think the guy at the pet store was thinking if he convinced me to go saltwater he could get a good sale.

He was def trying to get a good sale out of you that's what I like about working at pet smart we don't care about how Mich we sell you as long as its what is vest for you and your pets

Back
Top Bottom