38 Mbuna Community Tank; 1 week old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsk5035

Aquarium Advice Activist
So last weekend I was at my brother-in-law's house, outside poking around a construction site, when I found the most perfect rocks for my tank!

So after 6 hours of cleaning rocks and rearranging, this is what I got :)

Please comment!

Attachments

• image-3746605862.jpg
    image-3746605862.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 167
While not a ideal tank for mbuna, longer tanks of 4 feet or greater are generally preferred to stock Malawi as it allows more territory to reduce aggression, more stocking options, and greater long term success.

I have a 75 gallon sitting in the hall; just gotta get a FX5 filter and fill it up. Then I'm moving all but the 3 electric yellow labs into it...

How's it look? Lol

Attachments

• image-723147917.jpg
    image-723147917.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 159
Ahh, nice :) I'd still move the labs over too, they still need a 4' tank IMO, though some may disagree. I really like the more natural look of the rockwork in that one... looks more like what you'd see in a lake, not stacked (which is hard to avoid with flat rocks like in your 38).

I love stacked rocks and totally agree that stacking the rocks how you see in alot of cichlids tanks just looks kind of tacky. Good job :)

Lol. Well thanks. You have no clue how long it took me to do the rocks- I got a bunch and put them in. Didn't like it. Got more rocks, rearranged it all, after 2 weeks, didn't like it. Lol. So
Yeah. After about 4 months I've finally come up with a setup I like.

I'm hoping the brightly colored fish really pop amoung the grey rocks and black background

Back
Top Bottom