3rd part of a documentary on cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah those catfish are devious lol sucks the mother didn't realize what was going on.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also like how he refers to the frontosa as a predator (because they are)and they like to scale other fish lol makes me wonder if they will do that to my electric yellows. ..

I also like how he refers to the frontosa as a predator (because they are)and they like to scale other fish lol makes me wonder if they will do that to my electric yellows. ..

Frontosa don't do that. That fish is a look-alike, I believe it's a neolamprologus tretacephalus, but it may be another species. Either way, not a front

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The front is the one that attacked the other obe , watch again....

6 striped, but now that I watch it closer I think your right, the nose looks different but everything else looks the same. Hmmmmm my bad, it's on part one by the way. Around 8 minute mark.

6 striped, but now that I watch it closer I think your right, the nose looks different but everything else looks the same. Hmmmmm my bad, it's on part one by the way. Around 8 minute mark.

I've watched the Jewels of the Rift documentary several times, probably 5-6 all the way through, and have it on my computer even. I also keep tanganyikans. The doc even states that it's a look alike

Actually, neither of those are frontosa, the victim is n. Tretacephalus, not positive on the scale eater, but 100% positive that clip contains no frontosa

Edit: the scale eater is plecodus straeleni

Last edited:
Yeah your right, don't have the best quality on My phone, but it looked very close with the 6 stripes.

Didn't state what the fish were anyway so it was unclear to me.

Back
Top Bottom