44g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

torin31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone i am very new to keeping Africans (malawi) tank. I started off with a 30 g tank with 6 fish 2 red zebra juvenile and 2 kenyi male yello 3" and female blue 5" 1 electric yellow juvie and 1 4 " looks like another female kenyi but not sure could be a hybrid mut. My question is I will include a picture of my nuw 44 g tank let me no if you think it is suitable for these fish. If it is not I have a 55g long I can use to. Also in a 44 or 55 how many can you keep if i stay within these breeds.

here is the link were i bought it.
http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdL...ic.com/cps/l/kj/09/6/2/047/r4/2985dnf_18.jpeg

tank%2044g.jpeg

c-ViewAdLargeImage

You will do much better with the 55 as you will have the larger capacity for more fish as well as room for territories, but you certainly can use the 44 effectively... The key with cichlids from malawi is the aquascaping, you gotta give them real estate to quell aggression, and you can keep more than you think IF your maintenance routine is excellent and you overfilter... Also, amount of fish depends on the size of the fish you plan on aquiring or already have... I wouldn't add juveniles to a tank of adults without plenty of hiding places or they are gonna get beat to heck.

I will post a pic of the current set up as well as fish if people can help identify than it would be a great start for the hex tank i can still change the order to 60 g. I appreciate the help its my first tank any pointer let me have it lol. I have 2 40 aqua clears and a heim canister on the 30 probably over kill but it so clear. If I can only figure out how to include pictures hehe.

Back
Top Bottom