46 gal, re-build with SA/NA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey All,
So many of you may know that i had a tank with 2 firemouths and 10 hockeystick tetras but i have some very sad news about them. They all died from acute mouth rot. This occured over night and 50% were dead by morning and by the time i was home from tennis only 2 hockeysticks were alive so i uthenasied them.
Anyway, im starting fresh! And draining the tank completely, changing the sand, driftwood and plants seeing as though they could all be infected and im NOT taking any chances...
I lost $80 worth of fish and not to mention i really grew attached to my stunning juvi firemouths :(
My new stocking is as follows and was wondering if it could get the tick of approval from my fellow aquarists...
1 thorichthys ellioti
1 Mesonauta Festiva
1 Herotilapia Multispinosa
Or i could go for a pair of any of the top with some sort of schooling tetra or barb more than likely Emperor tetras or tiger barbs.

Thanks,
Jason :D

Jason7894561230 said:
Hey All,
So many of you may know that i had a tank with 2 firemouths and 10 hockeystick tetras but i have some very sad news about them. They all died from acute mouth rot. This occured over night and 50% were dead by morning and by the time i was home from tennis only 2 hockeysticks were alive so i uthenasied them.
Anyway, im starting fresh! And draining the tank completely, changing the sand, driftwood and plants seeing as though they could all be infected and im NOT taking any chances...
I lost $80 worth of fish and not to mention i really grew attached to my stunning juvi firemouths :(
My new stocking is as follows and was wondering if it could get the tick of approval from my fellow aquarists...
1 thorichthys ellioti
1 Mesonauta Festiva
1 Herotilapia Multispinosa
Or i could go for a pair of any of the top with some sort of schooling tetra or barb more than likely Emperor tetras or tiger barbs.

Thanks,
Jason :D

Sounds like a good tank setup to me. I am a fan of the buenos aires tetra as schooling fish, especially once you get over 6 in the school.

The ellioti will likely be the most aggressive one in the tank. I wouldn't expect any trouble from the festivum or rainbow.

Back
Top Bottom