55, deco for cichlids...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunsplash76

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all~ I'm getting the tank ready for the cichlids still... it is a long process, but I want them to be happy and healthy. I had a fiasco with the original pot I was going to put in there; when it was done being steralized it wouldn't fit in the damn tank :x so I tried to break it in a few peices and put it in there, but it shattered into a thoudand peices. So, I went to walmart and found the same pot 1/2 it's size, plus a hollowed out rock, and a rock with 3 holes in it. My fish tank was done completely from things found in the garden center, he he. I have a garden theme I guess. Any ideas and suggestions to improve would be nice :D Here is the pic .......
~Melissa~

:shocked!: Wow! I love your "garden theme"! :p It's really original. I'm only a beginner - I have a lot to learn, but some day I wanna have a tank at least as nice as this one. :squarewink:

Veronika~
Thanks for the nice words about my tank! :D I am a beginner too! I've kept fish less than 6 months and this tank is not even two months old I don't think. I have so much to learn it's not funny. I was a fish murderer in my 10 gallon, but now that I re-did it, it seems to be doing fine. The 55 gallon has changed alot since that pic. I put a f/w background on it, added a few more plants and some windrock, plus the real fishy occupants are in there now. I had ugly comet fish in there for a month to cycle the tank. Anyways here is a pic of it now. I look forward to hearing about your tank!
~Melissa~

Back
Top Bottom