55 gallon acrylic build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman42

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a 55 gallin acrylic tank a while back, i buffed out the scratches and bought a stand. I stained the stand an now im stuck on lighting and what fish to add.
As of right now i have 6 electric yellows, and a synodontis euruptus ( dont remember how to spell it).
I was thinking on adding a male and 3 females auloncara stuartgranti mdoka orange from live fish direct. Does anyone have any opinions on adding those?
I was also thinking about getting some led's i just dont know what kind. Im thinking about spending no more than $120 Any thoughts on lighing options would be appreciated.

I got the aqueon modular LED for my 55 with colormax bulbs. Been very happy with it. Also had to get versa tops because it's just a light strip, not a hood.

I was looking at getting that.
Anyone else have opinions on lighting options and the fish?

Marineland led hoods, would need 2 12x24 for a 55. If you wanted a hood and light option.

I think im going to get the fugeray. Next i need to figure out the fish but i have a month or so to figure that out.

I just bought some buckets to help transfer water for switching tanks. The stand is stained and i plan on setting up the tank on sunday.

The tank is going up today. I aquascaped it last night and it shouldn't be long until the fish are transferred over!
Pictures will be uploaded today!

Back
Top Bottom