55 Gallon African Cichlid Stock Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sire Boom

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I am getting ready to stock a 55 Gallon African Cichlid tank and i wanted to run my stocking list by you guys to make sure it would work ok!

*Yellow Labs (4)
*Male Jalo Reef (1)
*Snow White Socolofi (4)
*Demasoni(6)/Maingano/Electric Blue Johanni (which ever works best)
*Sunburst Peacock/Electric yellow Peacock

Should I add more of something or add another breed into the mix? Will these fish do ok together?

Are you planning on 1 male x females when you list multiple of same fish? I have an almost all male tank (ended up with a few females on accident) and I would be concerned about aggression between same genus.

I was planning to do 1male to 3 female with the labs and same with the socolofi. I've been advised else where not to add the peacock so I would leave that out. Have 1 male Jalo Reef and then whatever size group of Demasoni you would recommend. I have heard they require larger groups

Sent from my XT1254 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't have Demasoni's, I have a lone male Maingano who is very peaceful.

I've always read that demasoni do best in groups of 10 or more to spread out the conspecific aggression. I have kept 20 for the last 8 months with yellow labs and acei and no problems yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've always read that demasoni do best in groups of 10 or more to spread out the conspecific aggression. I have kept 20 for the last 8 months with yellow labs and acei and no problems yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you know if maingano need to be kept in large groups like Demasoni?

Back
Top Bottom