55 gallon tank with rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is my friends tank but he wanted me to ask you guys a few questions he has a 55 gallon with a whisper ex-30 and a fluval u3 filter. It will be planted with java fern, Anachris and java moss. The stocking will be 6 or 7 Australian rainbows, 1 rainbow shark, 1 Bristlenose Pleco,, 1 clown pleco and either 2-4 German blue rams or electric blue rams.

The question is could he have 4 rams and which do you guys think is better the German blues or electric blues.

4 rams could be ok in a 55g, but I personally don't suggest having them with a rainbow shark because there is a good chance the shark will pick on them IMO.
The electric blue is just a color morph of the gbr. It is my understanding that the electric blues are often even more sensitive than the typical gbr (which is saying something). So, I would suggest skipping both and going with Bolivian rams. If your friend's heart is set on Germans, then try to find a local breeder and see what they have. If you can find healthy ebr from a good breeder, go for it. If you find healthy gbr from a breeder, go with that.

Bolivian rams are awesome, personally i really
Like balloon rams and gold rams too, Check em all out

Balloon rams also have a blueish color to them, Some are truly remarkable. Just check out a LSF and see what they got!

Last edited by a moderator:
I already called around only rams are the GBR and electric blues one place though does all the breeding of rams themselves so I will tell him to just get them there thanks fir the info.

Back
Top Bottom