55g. SA/CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-man02

Aquarium Advice Freak
What would be my options? I would like a couple of largest fish what are some options?
Thanks in advance

By large I don't mean like Oscar large I mean like 10 inches and some small schooling or something along those lines

Here are a few common options for a single large fish:

Jack Dempsey
Green terror
Gold/green severum
Saxitilis group pike
Red devil
chocolate

Stay away from the real big ones like jaguars, dovii, festae, lugubris

I would choose something like a pair of Cichlasoma Salvini, Cryptoheros Sajica, Archocentrus sp. Honduran Red Point or Herotilapia Multispinosa to start then depending on indivdual temperment there are some other options for bottom dwellers or dithers.

I would choose something like a pair of Cichlasoma Salvini, Cryptoheros Sajica, Archocentrus sp. Honduran Red Point or Herotilapia Multispinosa to start then depending on indivdual temperment there are some other options for bottom dwellers or dithers.
do you know who sells Cryptoheros Sajica's

HUKIT said:
I got mine from Rapps, you'll have check in from time to time since his stock list is always changing. I've ordered dozens of fish from him and I can assure you won't find better stock.

Tangled Up in Cichlids

+1 for Rapps, he's the man when it comes to New world cichlids. He's who I got my wild caught Trimac from. As well as a few others in the past.

As far as larger cichlids in the 55, 55g is pretty much bar minimum for a lot of the "larger cichlids" ie- JD,RD/Midas,GT.

I'd personally try and make a pair of both cons/fire mouths work just put a lot of rock/decor separating their line of sight. Would be a exciting tank for sure.

Back
Top Bottom