65 gallon stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddiienno

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay so I'm thinking about getting at 65 gallon tank. I love oscars but I know that if I get 2 oscars they will be the only 2 fish in there and really should only have 1 in there. If I had 1 oscar in there would there be any other fish I could stick with it so it is not the only fish in the tank? What are some other larger cichlids I could keep and what could I possibly keep with them?

Possibly, Possibly, a convict, but that means alot of filtration and large water changes.

You're pushing it with an Oscar in a 65 Gallon. I'd get more like a 100 and you could maybe get away with a male convict / salvini / JD or similar (probably even 3-4 cichlids including the Oscar, depending on their attitude) but it would depend on the individual fishes.

If you can only house a 65, i'd go with a Male Con, Salvini and JD or similar and not get the Oscar. 3 fish in the (realistic) 5-8 inch range.

In my opinion half to fully grown JD's and Salvinis are much more attractive than Oscars. Oscars just look cuter as juveniles.

I was thinking JDs too I like them a lot. I'll probably go that route. Thanks for the help guys!

I was thinking JDs too I like them a lot. I'll probably go that route. Thanks for the help guys!

Yeah, they're beauties. I've got a juvenile JD and a Juvenile Ocotal (JD variation) in one tank and a large EBJD in another. They're all superb.

Back
Top Bottom