72 gal bowfront,need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NEWFIECORRUPTION

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,i have a 72 gal bowfront and was wondering which of the fish i like the most can co exist in this size of tank.My ideal set up would be a green terror,gold severum,pictus cat,and two fancy plecos,but after reading some info im sure it wont work out.I would like one of either the terror or severum with tankmates,thanks for any advice..

I avoid putting my plecos in my cichlid tank although I did keep 2 BN plecs in there for a while. The thing I did notice is the plecos hid most of the time in the cichlid tank and only came out on occasion to feed. Now that they are in a peacefull comunity tank they are out all the time and very active.

So basically no plecs with chihlids,even royal which i find nice.How about the terror severum mix,think it will work longterm in the 72?

I have never kept a royal so I don't know what kind of temperment they have. I would think being a larger plec it wouldn't be as intemidated by the cichlids. All of my plecos are on the smaller size. (L204,L163,2XL102 and 2 BN)
I don't see a problem with severum and terror if you divide the tank up well so they can establish their own territories. The royal will want his domain as well, some drift wood and a cave nearby.

Back
Top Bottom