75 gallon cichlid stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meganlaff

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have a 75 gallon with a 7 year old parrot cichlid and a 5 year old female black convict (who get along very well). I was planning on adding another parrot cichlid in with them, as well as an electric blue acara. The two have been with an acara before and there were no issues. Would I be fully stocked with these four fish or would I be able to add one more of something? Thanks in advance.

I normally figure about 35 gallons per big cichlid, since they are all some what territorial. Less gallons per small one like a convict. I think you could do your stocking like you want no problem. If I added another fish it would be a small one like a firemouth or at the least nothing bigger than an acara or severum. You'll just have to watch your water parameters and prob do weekly water changes

Very true!! They definitely like their space! I’ll probably just stick with a second parrot and an acara. I’d rather not have to deal with any excessive aggression. Thanks for your comment :)

Back
Top Bottom