80 gallon oscar tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not much if any. It's 47" x 20"

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

K,well a feather fin cat would be a good tank mate. Their scavengers, get bigger then the pictus, an do not require a school.

Silver dollars are also a good choice as their body shape keeps them from being eaten an adding a lot on to the bioload. Though these do like schools.

Black convicts are also a good choice an won't majorly increase the bioload and they are are pretty brave an outgoing for a fish so you'll see them more.

Fire mouths are good also, though they won't fight the Oscar if it starts to bully them. So as with the rest of these make sure you have hiding spaces

IMO Oscars should be kept species only. In my younger days I watched one plow through a few Africans and a pictus cat. They just get too nasty for much to work with them.

K,well a feather fin cat would be a good tank mate. Their scavengers, get bigger then the pictus, an do not require a school.

Silver dollars are also a good choice as their body shape keeps them from being eaten an adding a lot on to the bioload. Though these do like schools.

Black convicts are also a good choice an won't majorly increase the bioload and they are are pretty brave an outgoing for a fish so you'll see them more.

Fire mouths are good also, though they won't fight the Oscar if it starts to bully them. So as with the rest of these make sure you have hiding spaces

Just to add: this is all dependant on keeping up with frequent water changes. I would just do the Oscar and watch him grow and be happy.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Green terror , severum , convict , jack dempsey , firemouth , oscar , these are my favorite fishes i can think of at the moment

I had an oscar and sev grow up together from maybe 2" to over 10" each, very good friends, almost like a bonded pair!

img_3245497_0_036f11b02177d69d1cb280ac6b98d83e.jpg

Your telling me that i cant have any of those fishes in this tank ? Not even a green terror ?

You could do one of these for a tankmate.

That's the only true aquatic form of algae control! Excellent recommendation! I was just going to recommend a common pleco..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Species only IMO... had oscars. They make a huge mess, lots of maintanence, lots of fun. Ive seen 2 oscars break tanks and end up living in a tub. Just go with feeder fish and the mag float HUKIT recommended. Convicts dont get big but if they decided to breed, there'd be hell to pay and the oscar wouldnt put up with it.

In the end, being species only, i watched my oscar grow passed 13" and i had a lot of fun!

Enjoy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom