$.99 'baby africans'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hamburgler

Aquarium Advice Activist
I figured this would be the appropriate forum for this...
I work at a petco and i have to say this is the most irritating sale i have experienced in my year of part time work at the store. These are not the type of fish to be selling at this price...since "they are just so cute."

Thats what i hear at work all day at work. Its a constant lecture.

Another annoying fun fact: there are an alarming majority who shop based on sales completely disregarding the fish itself. People will walk with me tank to tank saying "how about this...no...what about this...and this?"

:evil: :roll:

Its tempting to accidentally witness the sale sign somehow removing itself from the tanks.

It must be frustrating at times to be sure. Unfortunately that is exactly how lfs's make money though, by selling fish. They aren't in the business of caring for fish, just selling fish. Keep the faith though, there are lots of dedicated aquarists out there. AA proves that.

sad that people buy these fish by price and not there beauty . ihave 9 cichlids and they range from $8.00-$54.00 and i pick by there colors and size then price wich i think all people should do and if your not sure do research its only a mouse click away

I work at petco as well, and this sale is terrible. People come in and want to buy 3 for a 2.5 gallon tank, and get furious when I refuse to sell.
I know how you feel though, hamburgler.

Back
Top Bottom