A good deal or not???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkfalcon

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was looking for a male platinum angelfish in my previous store. And the one they have now is better!! It's a platinum pearlscale angelfish. The biggest size available is almost an inch (the rest probably from half an inch to 0.8 inch). Their price is Rp 6,000.00 each (or 0.43 $ each).

Should I buy them or not??? I bought one (the male one), and was considering to get more. Since I want to breed them if possible xD (I already ordered another fish tank for breeding).

Edit: some people are confused it seems... RP here is not Indian Rupee, it's Indonesian Rupiah (which also use Rp, but if you search on the internet, you should use IDR instead).

That comes out to $88.00 us dollars. Just posting for the angel guys (Andy)

That comes out to $88.00 us dollars. Just posting for the angel guys (Andy)

The body size is almost an inch (fin excluded), and it costs $88.00?? Are you sure you didn't mistype it?? Maybe you mean $8.00??

I thought $8.00 Angelfish would be for a 2-3 inch sized Angelfish??? Not an angelfish that is around 0.8-0.9 inch.

Seriously, where did you guys say 6000 rupiah is 88 USD (based on what)?? I mean from where.....

Edit: Oic, the "rp" you were searching for is Indian rupee.... Now I get it xD

Now search for Indonesian rupiah. where 100 is the lowest nominal in my country. So 6000 is cheap.

Sorry for the confusion xD

Another edit: for Indonesian rupiah, it should be IDR to USD, instead of RP to USD

Here if you're confused: http://imgur.com/CI9m0pz

Not confused, just another situation of not properly labeling your measurements. To get the best answers, please properly label any measurement you use. Most of the people on this forum are from the US, so labeling things is extremely important.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yet another communication issue??
It seems clearly spelled out in first post !
My FIRST search brought this
IDR - Indonesian Rupiah rates, news, and tools
which calculated to $0.42(yea 42 cents!).

Now DF you are still on a fish high???
How do you know you got a male ???
Even if it was 5 inches ,without vent exposed , good luck!:whistle:
Any breeder/future breeder who wants to breed angels either gets a 'bonded' pair or like 6-12 juvinelles to grow out.
Your math is all good!(y)
But your plan to gather breeding stock for angels needs to be thought over.
And YES 42 cents is about 5-10% of what we pay for equal on good days here!
You do that math!

Any breeder/future breeder who wants to breed angels either gets a 'bonded' pair or like 6-12 juvinelles to grow out.
You do that math!

That's 1st post has now been edited. Rp6,000.00 per Google is 88.00 and some change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You do that math!

Well I did some research on how to tell the difference. And the shopkeeper also helped me choosing the male (as he said most are males right now, in his store).

I'd love to breed them but the requirements are not set yet. So I buy the males only because the males are bigger, and have more beautiful fin than the females (bigger fin).

And anyway, about breeding angelfish, I already made a new thread regarding tjat matter in the breeding section.

But what is "... on a fish high???" I don't know what this one means xD

Back
Top Bottom