Acei

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jramatized

Aquarium Advice Regular
I read that male Acei's will have blue dorsal fins and female will be an all yellow dorsal. Is this true? And if so do they all start out yellow and become blue later if they are males? If not I have all females they are probably an inch or so big right now. Thanks in advance

yall read this
Pseudotropheus sp. `acei'

When can I vent? Is it not stressful to the fish? I mean you got to chase them catch them hold them.. I think Im gonna get a lil container and put my aquarium water in it and catch all my cichlids, Acei and labs and vent then drop it in container so I dont catch the same one. Also I have a lab that his Dorsal fin has been staying up today. Is this a sign of aggression, or that he is dominate? There is one other his/her size

I've got both males and females with and without the yellow coloring in their fins. they're often called 'yellow tail acei'. Venting is not stressful to fish, not near as stressful to them as it is to the person who is just learning how to do it. I can't, I've even heard from seasoned breeders that it is an art and requires a very long time to master.

Nice link thanks for sharing. Never really noticed the dorsal fin thing. I'll have to look in my tank again and in my references.

Kudos

Well I tried venting and I couldn't tell anything with the labs. All I seen was one hole. I didn't even try with the Acei

Back
Top Bottom